Posted by pieterh on 02 Sep 2006 08:39, last edited by hartnell on 27 Jun 2008 16:57
Here is how you let people rate pages in specific categories or for the whole site:
- In the Site Manager, enable page ratings for the categories you want people to be able to vote on.
- In your nav:side page, add a link to a Top Pages page
- In the top-pages page, add one line like this: [[module TopRatedPages limit="20" comments="true"]]
- You can restrict the display to a single category by using this option: category="my-category"
- People will be able to rate pages by clicking the rate(0) action at the bottom of the page.
In some cases it's easier to let people rate pages immediately. The simplest way is to:
- Place all rateable pages in a single category
- Create a template for that category that contains the line: [[module Rate]]
- Provide a page that includes the module [[module NewPage category="my-category"]]
- In the top-pages page, add one line like this: [[module TopRatedPages limit="20" comments="true" category="my-category"]]
These pages link back to this one. You may find them helpful.
- Rate Module page from the official documentation.
- RatedPages Module page from the official documentation.