Posted by scottplan on 09 Dec 2009 01:12, last edited by leiger on 25 Oct 2010 09:08
How to Ping Wikidot
If you're looking to set up a custom domain and are having problems resolving your new domain to your Wikidot site, you can ping Wikidot to see if it is a problem with your server, or if there's a problem somewhere along the line as the connection travels from your computer's internet access through to Wikidot.
Here's how to Ping
- From the desktop, click start
- Select Run
- In the Run box, type command
- Click OK
- The DOS window will pop up. At the C:\> prompt type ping www.wikidot.com and press enter.
- You'll see some results pass through the screen.
- It'll tell you if there were any packets lost in the transfer (0% loss is what you want to see).
- It'll also tell you the average speed, in milliseconds.
- It should show Wikidot's current IP number (18.104.22.168 as of Apr 5, 2010).
To close the DOS window, type exit at the C:\> prompt and press enter.