Posted by Helmut_pdorf on 06 Feb 2015 08:47, last edited by DrCaduceus on 06 Feb 2015 10:36
This how-to explains how you can enable Wikidot PMs to be sent to multiple recipients.
|Here is the forum-Thread of Kenneth' little script and how to use it: Multi-PM Bookmarklet|
(coped from the Thread)
Just wanna show you my new project - Multi-PM bookmarklet.
Anyway, lets get started:
1. Save the bookmarklet: (Sometimes, Chrome doesn't save the name of the bookmarket.)
2. Go ahead and compose a new PM: Compose a new PM
3. Once the page loads, click on the "Multi-PM" bookmarket.
4. The To field should have changed and an "add" link should appear above it
5. Enter the EXACT Username (spaces accepted) you want to send the PM to.
6. Click Send (this may cause the browser to appear frozen - this is normal)
20th Aug 2011
- Initial Release
- Fixed IE 8 Bug
22nd Aug 2011
- Auto-fix usernames
23rd Aug 2011
- Hyphenated usernames work
16th Aug 2012
- Completely re-written from scratch
- Uses Wikidot's Autocomplete engine
- Auto-corrects username to closest match (using autocomplete engine)
- Async requests (no freezing)
17th Aug 2012
- Delete recipients
- Added functionality to include list of recipients in message
- Fixed spacing issues with tick
Okay, I've rebuilt the entire thing from scratch. There's no freeze time and auto-fill works now. You might have to re-install the bookmarklet for it to work.
I've tested it on:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mozilla FF 16.0.1
- IE 9 (NOTE: PMs send OK, but page does not redirect to inbox again once PMs sent)
|✓||Recipient exists and PM will send correctly|
|X||There are no Wikidot users with a similar username|
|!||There are more than one Wikidot users with a similar username, please further refine
you can use autocomplete to help you out.
There is the problem occurred that the http call of the Multi-PM script is "insecure" on the "https" - messages of wikidot main / account screen.
Example: Chrome asks me if I want to run the unsecure sub-script (FF asked not) and answered with a marked https in the url.
This works in Chrome, and in IE !
( in FF i have not yet found the switch to allow unsecure scripts on the https-wikidot message screen..)