Other help pages:
- If you need fast Emergency Help
- If you are new here: Getting Started
- If you want to know more about Wikidot's way of thinking: Getting Started Guide
- Your status at wikidot.com: Your Status
- Frequently Asked Questions: Wikidot FAQ
- Help On A-Z
- See our community edited How-To's
- For confused first-timers: here
- Multilingual Community Handbook: translators or contributors are welcome in,
- Any language: Deutsch - English - Español - Français - Italiano - Nederlands - Polski - Português - Türkçe
- Tricky solutions found by the community: Snippets
Tip: You can always click on the "src" button on top of the left side menu – this will show you the "source" of the viewed page (click on it for a test!):
- What Is A Wiki Site? - a short overview on how it is used today.
- Wiki-explained - how does it work on Wikidot?
- Pages - your first pages are created automatically.
- How to edit pages - a short explanation.
- Keyboard shortcuts - speed editing.
- Files - upload files and link or display them on pages.
- Legal:Terms Of Service - a CSI from the official Wikidot ToS page where you can translate the ToS in your selected language.
- Emergency Help - forum not working, no rendering of output, redirect allows no editing, etc.
Importing content into and exporting content of of your wiki.
- Iframe - iframe pages from other websites into a wiki page.
- Include - include a page from your wiki in another page.
- RSS - import/export an RSS feed.
Navigation from page to page across your entire wiki.
- Links - Links (inside your wiki or external ones).
- Menu - top bar/side bar.
- Redirects - redirect one page to another, or another page on the web.
- Tags - use tags to categorize pages.
Keeping your wiki organized.
- Categories - actually a namespace category:page
- Autonumbering of pages - if you need completeness of issues…
Keeping your pages organized so that your members and visitors can find what they are looking for quickly.
Making your wiki have a unique identity.
- Domains - subdomains and custom domains.
- Logo - using a custom logo.
- Featured Sites - a lot of very high rated site examples.
Themes define the unique look of your wiki.