Forum:Recent-Posts2009

2009 Theme Pages

From categories:
page 1123...next »
Re: Textboxes
Helmut_pdorfHelmut_pdorf 16 Nov 2018 16:41
in discussion Help / Editing pages » Textboxes

This can be done in a LIstPages output - if the pages are built by a life template and "data form" fields - tah you can "NAME" teh fields in the ListPages output.

Or you can use the standard of teh 1. Paragraph in ListPages of a page like "summary":

%%content%% Page content
%%content{n}%% Numbered content section
%%preview%% First 200 characters of the page
%%preview(n)%% First n characters of the page
%%summary%% Summary of content
%%first_paragraph%% The first paragraph of the page

Service is my success. My webtips:www.blender.org (Open source), Wikidot-Handbook.

Sie können fragen und mitwirken in der deutschsprachigen » User-Gemeinschaft für WikidotNutzer oder
im deutschen » Wikidot Handbuch ?

Re: Textboxes by Helmut_pdorfHelmut_pdorf, 16 Nov 2018 16:41
Loose-eLoose-e 16 Nov 2018 14:13

Alright, I guess that if something like that can't be made, I guess a better question would be, "When using the 'ListPages module,' can I add different text next to each one?" Also, I just didn't want the page to readout 'page revision #13,041,951'
As such can I get this:
•Draft1(Link) [Some Text 1]
•Draft2(Link) [Some Text 2]

[[module ListPages category="drafts" tags="Loose-e"]]
[[span class="customlink"]][[size x-large]]•%%title_linked%%[[/size]][[/span]] {Some Text 1} | {Some Text 2}
[[/module]]

Clearly not the code that would be used, but just an idea of what I need, because I have some 15~ drafts and still adding more and its much more convienent to use ListPages rather than add a separate link each time.
Sorry For The Bother

-A Clueless Wikidot User

Re: Textboxes by Loose-eLoose-e, 16 Nov 2018 14:13

If you want, you can apply themes by category.

1. Go to yoursite.wikidot.com/_admin
  2. Appearance & Behaviour - Themes - Category
    • Category pages have to already be created
  3. Just choose your categories and install themes

Technical Staff of SCP-JP

Re: create a blog by Dr DevanDr Devan, 15 Nov 2018 04:34
create a blog
D RaditsasD Raditsas 14 Nov 2018 18:00
in discussion Help / Managing the site » create a blog

I am a new user at wikidot and I am trying to create an education site to work with my colleagues. I would like to ask whether it is possible to create two or three different blogs for corresponding categories. I tried to do this by creating a live template (found the proccedure in wikidot community) but I got the same blog for all categories. I apologize if I am not speaking in the right terms or not in right place, but as I said above I am a new user. Thanks in advance to the community.

create a blog by D RaditsasD Raditsas, 14 Nov 2018 18:00

An example page ( link) would be helpful!

I can imagine a little the problem, but I am not sure.

Service is my success. My webtips:www.blender.org (Open source), Wikidot-Handbook.

Sie können fragen und mitwirken in der deutschsprachigen » User-Gemeinschaft für WikidotNutzer oder

a) This is a link to a business site and if you link to such business site ( for better search results - . SEO technic - Search Engines Optimization) with a free account than the spam filter will detect your site and post and remove your site and your account and posts.

b) For a newbee on Wikidot there are new links locked and not possible in forum posts and on pages.

[allicdata.com ]I also do not understand……

I think so… but I ( as a pro account) get normally email notifications of changes on my wikis, pages or forum

I get also every day from the community forum the newest posts and threads with feedblitz on my private mail !

Have a look on our howtos!

[[tab Logs featuring %%title%% ]]

Here is the string of code that is giving me a headache. It should work but instead when included in an active page through a template name it doesn't actually show the title name it creates a tab that says:
Logs featuring %%title%%

This in turn is messing with the list that is under the tab and not showing anything. Could someone tell me exactly why this string is not working and why its effecting a whole nother area of code below it to keep from linking logs as wanted.

Thanks!

To note when I replace %%title%% with {$name} and enter name=blahblah it shows up just fine. I would just like to make it easier so I don't have go through tons of pages. %%title%% would do that job if was actually working.

Helmut_pdorfHelmut_pdorf 13 Nov 2018 18:10

That is against the wiki-source idea…. a page is editable as a whole (and - if you like it - the sections inside such page are editable also .. alone.).

I would add an edit url with such links in a ListPages module wher a click brings you in the edit mode of that page. and after save a return on the browser brings ou back to te Listpages Listing.
The todo list writes on a single category short pages…

Re: Textboxes by Helmut_pdorfHelmut_pdorf, 13 Nov 2018 18:10
Textboxes
Loose-eLoose-e 13 Nov 2018 16:33

Hello,
Right now, I'm wondering if there was a way to create a textbox that you can type in, and save assuming the typer is on a user-editable page. Something like the 'todolist' module, but without the wrapping. Also attempting to use this in a listPages module to write small descriptions next to each link.

Textboxes by Loose-eLoose-e, 13 Nov 2018 16:33

I think only with a custom table , row , cell definition - manually - is this possible.. to build rows with 100 % length..
http://community.wikidot.com/system:page-tags/tag/table
or
http://snippets.wikidot.com/system:page-tags/tag/table/category/code

It is not so difficult as you may think..

Thanks! Didn't think about the spacing might have been a problem.

And yeah, I knew and read about the preview & opening incognito tricks as they where mentioned in the help documents/userguides that I found, but saw no mention of the spacing thing.

The join modules (all modules for that matter) need to be on their own line with no leading or trailing spaces or they won't be rendered properly.

I just edited your example page to show that it is working (thanks for having permission set so I could do that!)

Also, if you are logged in and already a member of the site, you won't see the join buttons when you view the page. Only non-members will see them. You can view them via "preview" when editing the page, but they won't be visible after you save the page.

I recommend opening a second browser window in guest or incognito mode and navigating to your join page, making sure you are not logged into your Wikidot account. Then you can make changes in the first window and see how they look to your potential members in the second window.

For some reason, adding the join module to the wiki I'm working with doesn't seem to work, regardless of which version I place on a page. Here is an example. I've tried to make the wiki both open, as well as closed from the site managment tools, but any example's of the "join" button code doesn't seem to work:

[[module MembershipApply]] [[module join]] [[module Join button="Join this site!"]]

Anyone got ideas for how to make joining easy for users?

Can't make join module to work by KeikakuKeikaku, 10 Nov 2018 20:13
teeholly
Umarzigla Umarzigla 10 Nov 2018 10:08
in discussion The Community / Coffee Table » teeholly

New celebrity of Katina state

teeholly by Umarzigla Umarzigla , 10 Nov 2018 10:08
9EUeyJt.png

Hi! I'd like to find a way to make it so the boxes in my tables stay the same size no matter how much text I put in them.

I don't want the table sizes to vary depending on the text.

page 1123...next »
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.